Board of Directors Portal
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board of Directors Meeting Dates 2022-2023 Program Year
- August 22, 2022 12-2pm
- September 26, 2022 12-2pm
- October 24, 2022 12-2pm
- November 28, 2022 12-2pm
- December 19, 2022 12-2pm
- January 23, 2023 12-2pm
- February 27, 2023 12-2pm
- March 27, 2023 12-2pm
- April 24, 2023 12-2pm
- May 22, 2023 12-2pm
- June 26, 2023 12-2pm
- July 24, 2023, 12-2 pm
- August 28, 2023 12-2pm
All meetings will continue to be held virtually, as is the preference of the board members. If COVID-19 metrics improve, returning to in-person meetings at the Shriver Center (837 Spruce Street) will be re-assessed.
The Head Start of Washington County Board of Directors consists of a twelve-member Board with four (4) year terms to provide policy and administrative oversight for the agency.
The Board has the following responsibilities:
- Policy: Making policy decisions-establishment, review, and revisions.
- Planning: Ensuring the development of long-range planning for human service programs; monitoring agency activities.
- Finance: Discretion over local funding; preparation and submission of budgets and reports to the local, state, and federal levels.
- Personnel: Hiring the Executive Director and Directors and assuring that performance standards are met; monitoring the performance of other personnel.
If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors, please complete the "Board of Directors Application" below:
- Head Start Board of Directors Application.pdf
- HSWC BOD Responsibilities.doc
- HSWC BOD By-laws 5-19 NEW.doc
After completing the application, you can email Vicki Robinson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
You may also drop off or mail the application to Head Start of Washington County, Inc., Vicki Robinson, 325 W. Memorial Blvd., Hagerstown, Md 21740
If you want more information on joining our Board of Directors, feel free to call 301-733-0088 x 107, Vicki Robinson, Executive Director.